I have a confession to make. It is pretty obvious from the archives, of course, but I will confess that for a few months I have been deliberately absent from this site. We had a big summer with the boys being 6 and 4 – a fun time to have lots of different activities or just to play. I decided to take some time experiencing things up close instead of working to remember to capture moments for posterity in net-worthy photos and script. I chose to live in the moment right next to my family instead of six feet behind them with the camera.
I must admit that the blog crash last year really took the writing wind out of my sails. I love taking pictures when we go places and writing or posting about things that interest us or that I find helpful, but it was really time to step back. Now I feel like I can begin blogging again with renewed energy to match our next homeschool and family adventure – 1st grade and preK. Super fun with kids learning to read and growing together as we homeschool. Co-ops, field trips, swim lessons and a new-to-us music program addition are going to round out our fall semester.
As for here, I am hoping to post at least a few times a week. My current projects are:
- Schooling, of course, and learning together. The kids have their stuff, and I am planning on hand-spinning, more coding, and Spanish 1 this year.
- Simplifying our home life: Clutter-be-gone and a schedule we can all live with.
- The (seemingly) never-ending yard project. Cleaning up after some back yard neglect and starting a vegetable garden.
- A healthy food-habit makeover. This one is going to be baby steps, folks!
- A specific and protected Bible study time instead of when-I-get-a-waking-minute (something I slipped out of during the toddler an training years). Even if it is 5 minutes, I plan to protect and cherish this time to launch my days in a better frame.
- A new look for this and my other blog.
It is great to be so excited about what may be coming. I hope you will join me for the journey. The sails are back up and let’s see how this next growing year unfolds!